Parent Update – May 1, 2013
DISTRICT HOLDS THIRD SAFETY MEETING WITH DISTRICT LEADERS, LOCAL OFFICIALS, PARENTS
Olmsted Falls School District held its third safety meeting last week in an ongoing series of meetings regarding the assessment and updating of all current safety plans throughout the District. The extensive process of reviewing and updating the District’s existing plans is being led by an outside security company, PLE Group. The District Safety Committee includes District administrators, local safety leaders, elected officials and parent representatives. PLE representatives remarked during last Thursday’s meeting that they were very impressed by the large number of stakeholders that have been consistently involved in this process since it began in November.
Since the committee’s last meeting in late January, PLE has been working to analyze information gathered through parent, staff and student surveys as well as the information gathered during their professional on-site assessments conducted at all District buildings in late-January and February. Preliminary drafts of safety / security recommendations have been provided to building principals for input, and were also reviewed during last week’s meeting. Principals have already been working with staff to implement a number of the recommendations – even though the final updated safety plans are still to be finalized.
The District Safety Committee will meet again to review and discuss the next phase of this important project, which involves finalizing of the updated plans. We look forward to providing additional information to parents regarding the safety / security recommendations that we have received and addressed during this school year.
Another special thank you is extended to our local safety leaders, elected officials, and parents who are serving on this important committee. We are truly fortunate to have so many caring and concerned adults in the Olmsted community!
5TH GRADE PARENT MEETING AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL TONIGHT – WEDNESDAY, MAY 1ST
All parents of 5th graders are invited to attend an orientation meeting TONIGHT, Wednesday, May 1, from 7:00 – 8:30 PM at Olmsted Falls Middle School in the Cafetorium. This program is designed primarily for parents. The agenda for our time together will be as follows:
· 6th Grade Teaching Teams
· Typical 6th Grade Schedule
· Tour of Building
· Question & Answer Session in Cafetorium
· 6th Grade Parent Night: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 (Parents Only) 7:00-8:00 PM, OFMS Cafetorium
LOCAL SENIOR CITIZENS ATTEND ADVANCE SHOWING OF “GREASE”
Olmsted Falls High School PTA invited local senior citizens to attend the final dress rehearsal of the High School Masquers’ production of “Grease” on April 18th at the High School auditorium. These special guests provided a perfect audience for our talented thespians as they prepared for two nights of performances. Pastries and coffee were served by the High School PTA volunteers. Everyone enjoyed the performance and “night – out- on- the- town”! After the performance, the students gathered with the audience to thank them for attending. To view more photos, please click here.
TUNE IN MONDAY TO HEAR YOUR OFHS BULLDOGS IN THE SEMI-FINALS OF THE SCHOLASTIC GAMES OF LORAIN COUNTY
The OFHS Academic Team taped their semi-final match against Elyria High School this past weekend. The Semi-Finals will air on WEOL 930AM this coming Monday, May 6, 2013 at 6:05 p.m. Listen in and hear our award-winning team in action.
Podcasts will also be available on the WEOL website and can be accessed anytime after it has aired. To access the podcasts of aired matches, please click here.
OFHS ALUMNUS JIM COURY COMPETES IN COLLEGE JEOPARDY!
Tune in Tuesday to see Bulldog Alumnus Jim Coury, Class of 2011, competing in the Jeopardy College Tournament! His episode will air this Tuesday, May 7th! Jim, a former Team Captain of the Olmsted Falls Academic Team, will represent his college Georgetown. Please click here to read an article about Jim in the Sun News; here for an article in the Hoya; here for an article in the Chronicle-Telegram.
OFHS PRE-ENGINEERING STUDENTS COMPETE IN OHIO SKILLSUSA COMPETITION
On Tuesday April 23 students from the Pre engineering class went to Columbus to compete in the Ohio SkillsUSA Competition. Connor Hughes competed in the Technical Drafting Competition, Timothy Knaggs, Steven Hocevar and Brian Jones competed in the Automated Manufacturing Competition, Katarina Karolak and Lillian Perkins competed in the Robotics Automation Technology Competition and Matthew Bender & Moises Garcia Ponce competed in the Mobile Robotic competition. Matt and Moises, pictured above left, were awarded 1st place and will be competing in Kansas City June 23-29. Congratulations! To view more photos, please click here. To view videos of this event, please click here and here.
DISTRICT TO SURVEY COMMUNITY BY PHONE
Beginning in mid-May, a random telephone survey will be conducted to collect information from residents about their thoughts and opinions regarding the Olmsted Falls School District. These important phone surveys will be conducted by professionals from Triad Research Group, a local Cuyahoga County company based in Rocky River. Each phone survey will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete. As a District resident and a parent, your thoughts and opinions are very important to us. We hope you will consider participating should your phone be among the random numbers called. ** Please Note: Caller IDs will show local number (440) 628-7616 for the incoming survey calls. ** Should you have any questions about the upcoming community survey about Olmsted Falls Schools, please contact the Board Office at 427-6000.
ECC PARTNERS WITH COMMUNITY FOR 1ST ANNUAL VEHICLE DAY
ECC hosted its 1st ever Vehicle Day last Thursday and it was a wonderful success! Volunteers and community businesses shared their time and efforts to help provide a unique, hands-on learning opportunity for the Itty Bitty Bulldogs!
Many thanks to Knapp’s Tow Service, Louvonda Lenart, The Olmsted Township Fire Department, The Olmsted Falls Police Department, The Olmsted Falls City Schools Bus Garage, Jeff Marshall from the North Olmsted Recreation Center, Christine Reese and The Olmsted Falls City Service Department for sharing their vehicles with us!
The students dodged some raindrops and learned about the world of work through things that go! To view more photos please click here.
BULLDOG SUMMER SPORTS CAMP INFORMATION & REGISTRATION FORMS AVAILABLE ON DISTRICT WEBSITE
A listing of 2013 Bulldog Summer Sports Camps put on by the Olmsted Falls Athletic Department has just been added to the District website. The list includes camp dates, registration deadlines, contact information, and links to individual camp information and registration forms.
Please click HERE for the latest 2013 Bulldog Summer Sports Camp information. **NOTE: Registration Deadline for HS & MS Volleyball Camps is TODAY – Wednesday, May 1st!
OFIS STUDENTS CELEBRATE EARTH DAY IN MANY CREATIVE WAYS
Mrs. Atkins’ 5th grade science students spent Monday, April 22nd, participating in some Earth Day fun!! They wrote haiku poems, brainstormed ways to recycle, reduce, and reuse our resources, helped pick-up litter around OFIS and the Middle School properties, and ventured over to the 6th grade courtyard to pull weeds.
The kids had a really good time taking part in helping our environment!
FALLS-LENOX TEACHER AWARDED WITH A SPECIAL VISIT
Third grade teacher, Amanda Marsco was chosen as a winner in the MAC College and Career Awareness Contest. As a prize, student-athletes Paul Print (a former Bulldog) and Kerri Krawczak made a visit to her classroom along with Laurie Switzer from WVIZ/PBS and the WVIZ Zebra mascot! The classroom visit included motivational remarks and a Q&A session from the college scholar-athletes encouraging students to develop the necessary academic skills essential for college entrance and success. Additionally, the scholar-athletes stressed participation in activities/sports and the importance of beginning to consider college and career options as early as possible. The students even received mini MAC basketballs and pins from PBS! For more photos, please click here.
OFMS STUDENTS MUSICAL TALENT ON DISPLAY AT CONTEST
On Saturday, April 20, 2013, Olmsted Falls Middle School had 140 individual entries in 53 events for the Ohio Music Association Solo and Ensemble Contest held at Cuyahoga Community College. Mrs. Joy Kiedrowski, Mr. Ryan Patterson, Mr. Kevin Gulden, and Mr. Michael Feller, their directors, helped develop the talent of these budding musicians. Al Demkowicz, Brian Griebel, Michael Feller, Allison Denham, Mark DeMio, and Sherri Kovach provided outstanding coaching of these groups. Student preparation included before school, after school, during lunch, weekends and evening practices. To view the impressive results achieved by our Middle School students at the Ohio Music Association Solo and Ensemble Contest, please click HERE.
FALLS-LENOX 3RD GRADERS VISIT CITY HALL
The third grade students at Falls-Lenox visited City Hall as part of their third grade social studies curriculum. Highlights from the visit included, Mayor Blomquist speaking to the students about how city government works.
The students also learned about how police dispatch emergency calls. Mr. McLaughlin also spoke with students about building codes. The students learned a lot and had a great time visiting City Hall! To view more photos, please click here.
FALLS-LENOX TO HOST BLOOD DRIVE
Falls-Lenox will be hosting a Red Cross Blood Drive on Monday, May 13th from 3 – 7 PM in the Falls Gym. The program encourages students to invite adults to give blood on their behalf. Participants can schedule an appointment at redcrossblood.org (search by zip code), or by returning the bottom portion of the flier that went home with students on Monday, April 29th. Donors will need to bring their donor card or photo identification to the event. All students who invite an adult will receive a nylon Frisbee and will be invited to a special lunch with the principal. For answers to additional questions you may have regarding eligibility, please visit the website or call 1-866-236-3276. Please consider donating blood and help save a life!
MEET MISS REISNER!
Miss Sarah Reisner has been a Bulldog employee for the past ten years. She also serves as a Student Council advisor, academic leader, and a teacher mentor. Currently, Miss Reisner teaches 7th grade math. She went into education because she loves working with kids and enjoys helping middle school students grow in several ways, including educationally, socially, and emotionally.
Miss Reisner loves being a Bulldog because she works in a district that cares about each student and his/her success. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, spending time with friends and family, and participating in yoga.
PARENT VOLUNTEER DR. SCOTT SEDLACEK TO BE HONORED FOR HIS WORK WITH OLMSTED FALLS SCHOOLS
Congratulations to Dr. Scott Sedlacek, O.D., who will be honored at the Cleveland Crain’s Health Care Hero Awards Luncheon later this month. Dr. Sedlacek has been selected as the 2013 Recipient of the Cleveland Crain’s Health Care Hero Community Outreach Award. Each year Crain’s honors Northeast Ohio’s world-class medical and wellness professionals for their achievements and outstanding level of care. Dr. Sedlacek partnered with Olmsted Falls Schools and District Nurse Carol Meszaros to volunteer his time earlier this year to help complete vision screenings of more than 1,000 students in grades K-9 with the assistance of the Olmsted Kiwanis Club and PTA. Dr. Sedlacek also implemented the first annual “Vision Week,” which included presenting the Realeyes program to preschool and kindergarten students with a message about the importance of eye and vision care. Thank you Dr. Scott, and congratulations on your well-deserved award!
LOOKING FOR BILINGUAL PARENT VOLUNTEERS
In an effort to support the Limited English Proficient (LEP) students and parents in our school district, the Student Services Department is looking for parents who are bilingual and willing to volunteer within the school district. Specifically, we are looking for volunteers to translate important paperwork and act as translators for activities such as parent-teacher conferences. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Lisa Williams, the Assistant Principal at Falls-Lenox, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440)427-6403 by Friday, May 10, 2013. In your e-mail, please include your name, phone number, languages, and the names/grades of children within the Olmsted Falls City Schools.
9TH GRADE ADVANTAGE EVENT GIVES STUDENTS AN EARLY LOOK AT POLARIS – TOMORROW, MAY 2ND
Freshmen interested in attending Polaris as juniors are invited to the 9th Grade Advantage event along with their parents TOMORROW, Thursday, May 2, 2013, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. During this interactive evening, students and parents are encouraged to explore our career-technical programs through hands-on demonstrations, gain insight into their career interests and talents using 9TH grade career interest survey results, take advantage of exciting door prizes and much more! For up-to-date information, visit www.polaris.edu or contact our Enrollment Office at (440) 891-7732.
DINE TO DONATE! OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT MASQUERS AND FORENSICS TONIGHT!
The Masquers and Forensics groups have two remaining “Dining to Donate” fundraising events coming up in the next month:
Chick-Fil-A – TONIGHT! Wednesday, May 1, 2013 – from 5pm to 7pm. Chick-Fil-A, 4779 Great Northern Blvd. (No Drive-Thru, please)
We hope to see you at one of our fundraisers to support our groups. Thank you for your support!
POWDERBUFF VOLLEYBALL GAME – TOMORROW NIGHT, MAY 2ND
Support the high school class officers in their prom fundraising by attending the annual Powderbuff Volleyball Game. Coached by the females in their grades, male freshmen and sophomores will face off at 7pm on May 2 with a 7:30 main event between juniors and seniors. Tickets will be sold at the door: $5 students $6 adults.
SPRING SPORTSWEAR SALE – THIS SATURDAY, MAY 4TH
The Olmsted Falls Athletic Booster Club will hold its 1st Annual Spring Sportswear sale. Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 4th from 9 am – 12 noon. The sale takes place at the sportswear booth by the concession stand at the football field. Lots of spring and summer apparel to choose from including shorts, tank tops, muscle t’s, visors and more. It is free to get in. We look forward to seeing you there!
POST-PROM WING NIGHT AT UPPER DECK THIS SATURDAY, MAY 4TH
Don’t miss the final wing night fundraiser for this year’s Post Prom – Saturday, May 4th from 6-8 p.m. at Upper Deck in Berea. The address is 375 W. Bagley Rd. The tickets are $20 each and that includes all you can eat wings, pasta, pizza and beverages.
There will be a 50/50 raffle, sideboards and basket raffles as well. Please contact Meg Fox at (440) 669-7212 for tickets.
SAFETY TOWN 2013 SPONSORED BY THE OLMSTED EARLY CHILDHOOD PTA
Do you have a child starting Kindergarten in the fall? If so, Safety Town is a child accident prevention program for incoming kindergarteners. It is a program that introduces safety awareness and preventative procedures to the children. Children practice real life situations before being confronted with situations on their own. Safety Town is the foundation of safety education.
Safety Town in Olmsted Falls and Olmsted Township is organized through the Olmsted Early Childhood PTA, a non-profit organization consisting of volunteers who seek to unite home, school and the Olmsted community in promoting education, health and safety of children, youth and families. Children who attend will practice safety “out on the town” in a miniaturized city layout designed to teach children safety near roads, railroad crossings, while on their bikes or walking in their neighborhood. Videos, songs and lessons with visits from local Police, Fire and Bus Departments as well as field trips to Police and Fire Departments, all help your child enjoy and understand what he or she is learning. Please click here to find out more and to register.
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR SAFETY TOWN
The Olmsted Early Childhood PTA needs current 7th- 12th grade student Volunteers to help with Safety Town. Safety Town is located behind Falls-Lenox school and takes place in June. Safety Town is to teach children entering Kindergarten about neighborhood and vehicle safety. If you are interested – we need your help! This is a great way to build your resume for those college applications and gain service hours. For further details, forms can be picked up in the high school or middle school main offices and need to be returned by May 10, 2013. Forms can also be downloaded by clicking here. Completed forms can be submitted to Cara at email@example.com
6TH ANNUAL MIDDLE SCHOOL PTA CALENDAR RAFFLE – GET YOURS TODAY!
Help support the Middle School PTA by purchasing an entry in our 6th Annual Calendar Raffle. For $5.00 you are entered for a chance to win 31 days of great prizes. We will pull a different winner every day and a list of winners will be posted on this blog. You may enter as many times as you like. Winners will be announced weekly – it is not too late to get your calendar!!
Entry forms and cash or a check (made out to MS PTA) can be turned in at any of the school main offices. Take a chance. We have Monsters tickets, a birthday bowling party at Fairview Lanes along with many other great prizes. You can download a copy of the calendar by clicking here.
Entry form must be returned with money to your school office in an envelope marked OFMS PTA Calendar Raffle to be eligible. Checks should be made payable to OFMS PTA. Entries can be added to the drawing pool throughout the month, however entries will not be eligible for to be included in the drawings until your official payment / entry form has been received. Thanks for your support!
POST PROM COMMITTEE will be having a donation collection at the high school on Friday, May 10th from 6-9.
Just pull up in your car and we will be happy to accept your donation at that time. Donations of gift cards, non-perishables and monetary will help make the event for our seniors spectacular! Any questions please call Denise Olszewski 440-235-8666 or Gayle Boesken 235-5151
PTA COUNCIL LOOKING FOR THE PTA VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
The PTA Council is looking for nominations of a PTA member who works on behalf of children. This special person is involved and supports the PTA and has made a positive impact on the lives of children. Anyone interested in nominating a PTA member for Volunteer of the Year should complete the nomination form and turn it in to his/her PTA unit at the April meeting of his/her unit. Each unit will then submit one nomination to the PTA Council.
Please click here to download the Olmsted Falls PTA Council Volunteer of the Year Nomination Form.
SEEKING ENTRIES FOR OFHS ART SHOW IN MAY, DEADLINE IS THIS FRIDAY, MAY 3
The Annual OFHS May Show is Friday May 10, 2013. Again, we are looking for work for the show from Olmsted Falls Alumni, OFCS Faculty and Staff, and Olmsted Falls Community Members. Please complete the entry form and return it to Mariel Krakowiak, at Olmsted Falls High School, by Friday May 3. Contact Mariel Krakowiak with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. To download the entry form, please click here.
HELPING HANDS TO HOST 1ST ANNUAL 5K & 1/4 MILE WALK – REGISTER BY MAY 10TH
Helping Hands will be hosting their first 5K & 1/4 Mile Walk to promote “Disability Awareness” within the community. We are supporting all “special needs/disabilities” with this event…you can decide what you will run/walk for! There will also be a raffle after the 5K. Proceeds will go towards a scholarship to a graduating Helping Hands senior, a donation to the Helping Hands Relay for Life Team, and some money will be used to fund future Helping Hands events.
People of all ability levels are encouraged to participate. The 1/4 Mile Walk on the track is available for those participants that may not be able to complete and entire 5K (assistive equipment is permitted). The attached registration form has all the specific details for the event. Pre-registration is due back to me by Friday May 10.
Please click HERE to download and print the registration form, and share it with your students, family, and friends.
CARNIVAL FOR A CURE ANOTHER HUGE SUCCESS THIS YEAR!
Our Carnival for a Cure was a huge success! We had so many families that came out to support Relay for Life and the Falls-Lenox for Life team. Every year, through this fundraiser, we raise huge sums of money to create a world with more birthdays! This year we were able to raise $2,750 to help families and individuals who have been affected (or will be affected) by cancer. Wow! A special thank you goes out to all the families and students who came out to support this event, PTA members who contributed time, cupcakes and energy to make it extra special for the kids, high school students who donated their time on the mini-relay and face painting, Kiwanis members who graciously served up food, and teachers and staff , friends and family, who stayed all day and night to bring our carnival to life. As you can see, it was a true community event, and it was the Olmsted Falls Bulldog community who made it truly special. Thank you, thank you, thank you! To view photos from this event, please click HERE.
BLOG DEADLINE REMINDER
Items for the District’s Weekly Blog Update must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. each Friday for the following week’s post. The Weekly Blog Update will be published every Wednesday that school is in session. Items should be no more than 125 words and should be sent in paragraph form. To view the new Content Submission Guidelines information sheet, please click here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are submitting information about a school or school-connected organization’s fundraising event, you will need to make sure that you have completed and submitted the District’s official Fundraising Form. Once your event has been approved, we will be happy to post/promote the information on the Weekly Blog Update. To download a copy of the Fundraising Form, please click here.
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS:
- WESTVIEW SWIM TEAM MEET-THE-COACHES COOKOUT – THIS SUNDAY, MAY 5TH – 5-6 PM @ WESTVIEW POOL, REDWOOD DRIVE (Rain Date: May 19th) – Looking for a fun, physical activity to get your child off the couch and computer this summer? Join us for our Meet-The-Coaches Cookout and see what the whole city is buzzing about!! The Westview Swim Team is open to children aged 4 to 18 who are residents of Olmsted Falls/Township AND can swim. We teach competitive swim strokes and compete in meets from June 1 to July 24. We emphasize sportsmanship, teamwork and self-esteem. Many swimmers have gone on to swim competitively in high school and college, earning scholarships and building self-discipline. Kids LOVE our awesome events like Donut Fridays, Swim-a-Thon, secret swimmer and Awards Banquet with pool party! www.whoaconnect.org or contact Catherine Davis @ 440- 427-0514 for additional information.
- OLMSTED FALLS GARDEN CLUB PERENNIAL PLANT SALE – THIS SUNDAY, MAY 5TH – 11 AM TO 2 PM @ JENKINS COMMUNITY CENTER – Perennials, ground covers, flowering shrubs, Hostas, herbs, grasses, wildflowers. A portion of the funds raise will go toward supporting educational programming at Olmsted Falls Intermediate School. Click HERE to download flyer.
- DARA HOSTA OLMSTED SPIRIT 5K RACE/WALK, THIS, SUNDAY MAY 5TH – Run, walk, or just be part of the fun! All registered participants receive a free raffle ticket for a chance to win a prize. Please click here for more info, the list of prizes, and the registration form. All proceeds go directly for college scholarships for Olmsted Falls students.
- TENNIS FUN! KIDS TENNIS LESSONS & ADULT CARDIO TENNIS, SUNDAYS – May 5th AND 12th, 2:00 P.M. – 3:00 P.M., OFHS TENNIS COURTS, 26939 BAGLEY ROAD – For ages 7 & up. Mark your calendars for the Junior’s tennis camp, June 5th -7th. Questions? Please call 440-567-6910 or email Championstennis1@aol.com. To view the flyer, please click here.
- WORLDS OF FANTASY, MAY 3-11 WITH SHOWS ON FRIDAYS AT 7:00 P.M. SATURDAYS AT 2:00 – 7:00 P.M., AND SUNDAY AT 2:00 P.M. – Join Olmsted Performing Arts and take a magical journey to Fantasyland for Rapunzel’s coronation. You will enjoy singing and dancing by Cinderella, Jasmine, Tinkerbell, Belle, Ariel, and more, and then meet the princesses with photo and autograph opportunities. Tickets $12-18. Worlds of Fantasy Boutique open before each show. Makeover and a snack. $25 first child; $20 each additional. Details and reservation at www.olmstedperformingarts.com.
- WORLD OF FANTASY BOUTIQUE (AGES 2-12), MAY 3-11, SLOTS BEGIN AT 4:30 P.M. ON FRIDAYS, 11:30 A.M. AND 5:00 P.M. ON SATURDAYS, AND 11:30 A.M. ON SUNDAYS – Children will be transformed by their own Fairy Godmother into princesses or knights. For girls, the experience will include hairstyle shimmering make-up princess sash, face gem, and nail polish. Boys will enjoy a gel-spiked, confetti-sprinkled hairstyle and a sword and shield. All children may have sparking juice and light appetizers. Children must be accompanied by an adult, who may enjoy complimentary coffee or tea. Advance registration and separate ticket are required for the World of Fantasy Boutique. $25 for the first child, and $20 for each additional child. Reservations required (www.olmstedperformingarts.com).
- ANNUAL FLOWER SALE, SATURDAY, MAY 11, 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., SUNDAY, MAY 12, 8:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M., SATURDAY, MAY 18, 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. – It’s that time of year again. Boy Scout Troop 201 will hold its annual flower sale on Saturday, May 11th, 9 am-5pm, Sunday, May 12th, 8am-2pm, and Saturday, May 18th, 8am-3pm, at the Jenkins Center at the corner of Columbia Road and Main Street, right next to the old Olmsted Falls library. The Scouts will have hanging baskets and flats of annual flowers available at good prices. Stop by and shop locally! You will support not only Scouting, but also a local business, Schuster’s Greenhouse, which supplies the flowers. Contact Mike or Sharon Knaggs, 440-463-8106, with questions.
- OLMSTED FALLS BULLDOG YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE – REGISTRATION FOR THIS NEW TACKLE FOOTBALL LEAGUE FOR 5TH & 6TH GRADERS BEING ACCEPTED THROUGH MONDAY, MAY 13TH. For an overview of the program, list of frequently asked questions and registration form, please click HERE.
- DOCUMENT SHREDDING, SATURDAY, MAY 18, 9:00 A.M. – NOON, FALLS-LENOX ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, 26450 BAGLEY ROAD – Olmsted Falls and Olmsted Township will again be joining forces with New Hope Specialized Services to provide no-cost to residents document shredding. Please click here for more information.
- PANCAKE BREAKFAST, SUNDAY, MAY 19, 8:00 A.M. – NOON, OLMSTED PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, 6941 COLUMBIA ROAD, OLMSTED FALLS – Olmsted Performing Arts and the Kiwanis Club of Olmsted Falls are putting on a Pancake Breakfast. The proceeds will benefit the Kiwanis Club and the Olmsted Performing Arts Gymnastics program. Advance tickets are $6, and advance Senior tickets are $5. Add $1 at the door. Children under age 3 are free. To purchase advance tickets, please see a member of the Kiwanis Club, stop by the Olmsted Performing Arts Center, or call 440-235-6722.
- OLMSTED FALLS 2013 LACROSSE SEASON IS HERE! – The Olmsted Falls Lacrosse Association would like to invite the community to check out a home game between now and the end of the season in early June. There are both boys and girls teams – the games are non-stop action and a lot of fun to watch! Home games are played in the field behind OFIS or the field behind OFMS parking lot. The newest teams are the High School JV Girls and Boys, who are doing a great job representing Olmsted Falls against teams from Rocky River, Westlake, Avon Lake, Beachwood, Strongsville, Medina, Brunswick, St. Ignatius, Hudson, and Bay! Check out game schedules by clicking here. If you’d like to see photos of the games, click here to access OF LAX’s facebook page.