Parent Update – April 24, 2013
OLMSTED FALLS BOARD OF EDUCATION NAMES NEW SUPERINTENDENT
The Olmsted Falls Board of Education officially named the next superintendent of schools during its regular monthly meeting held April 18th at Falls-Lenox Primary School. The Board voted unanimously to approve the hiring of Dr. James Lloyd to serve as the 25th superintendent of Olmsted Falls School District effective August 1, 2013, when he will officially take the District’s helm. Dr. Lloyd is currently assistant superintendent for the Olmsted Falls School District, a position he has held for the past six years. He will replace current superintendent Dr. Todd Hoadley, who will become superintendent of Dublin City School District effective August 1, 2013.
“We have known Dr. Lloyd for many years and he has been an incredible asset to our District,” said Board of Education President Jim Weisbarth. “We are pleased to have been able to secure him as our next superintendent and are confident he will continue to lead our District on its path of excellence.”
Prior to serving as assistant superintendent for Olmsted Falls Schools, Dr. Lloyd was director of pupil services for neighboring Westlake City School District for 9 years. Dr. Lloyd actually began his career in education here in Olmsted Falls School District where he served as a school psychologist from 1995 to 1998.
“I am honored to serve as the next superintendent of this outstanding District,” said Dr. Lloyd. “It will be a pleasure to continue to work with our exceptional staff, hardworking students and supportive parents in this new capacity.”
Dr. Lloyd holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Ohio Wesleyan University, a Master of Arts degree in School Psychology from the University of Akron and a doctorate from Ashland University in Educational Leadership. Dr. Lloyd has served as an adjunct professor for Ashland University and Bowling Green State University as well. He has his Administrative and Superintendent Certificates from Cleveland State and Ashland respectively.
He and his wife, Rhonda, will be relocating to the Olmsted Falls School District community with their three children – Mason (10th grade), Tommy (7th grade) and Maggie (4th grade) – this summer. All three children will attend Olmsted Falls Schools.
If you see Dr. Lloyd out in the District in the coming weeks, please join us in congratulating him and welcoming his family to the Olmsted community! To view additional photos from last week’s Board meeting, please click HERE.
FIRST GRADERS SHARE EARTH DAY SONG WITH BOARD, HELP LEAD PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
The group also helped lead the Pledge of Allegiance for the official start of the meeting.
Thank you very much to these talented students, their parents and Mrs. Burk for making this month’s meeting extra special!
BOARD RECOGNIZES AWARD-WINNING BULLDOGS
The Board offered congratulations to OFHS senior Steve Johnson on being named Division I Academic All-Ohio. He is one of only 10 Division I basketball players selected in the State for this honor.
The Board also recognized OFHS sophomore Teresa Wang for winning a Gold Key (top honor) in the National Scholastic Art & Writing competition. Teresa will be officially honored at a special ceremony at Carnegie hall in New York City next month! (Watch for additional coverage of Teresa’s national award and a new online art gallery of other award-wining OFHS art students in an upcoming blog post.)
Finally, the Board extended personal congratulations and appreciation to Olmsted Falls school bus mechanic Roger Urbanek for being the first-ever recipient of the David E. Drum School Bus Mechanic of the Year Award. The intent of this state-wide award, to be presented annually by the Ohio Association for Pupil Transportation (OAPT), is to recognize mechanics who exhibit outstanding cost-saving measures, cooperation and working relationships with school bus drivers and fellow employees, sets high shop standards, and has implemented a preventative maintenance program.
Congratulations again to these three outstanding Bulldogs!
8TH GRADERS PARTICIPATE IN SCIENCE & ENGINEERING CHALLENGE AT WVIZ
A small group of 8th graders participated in a science and engineering competition at the WVIZ Idea Center on Saturday, April 13. The “Purple Smurfs 3.0” competed in the Design Squad Challenge against 11 other teams and were judged by professional engineers. The team took second place!
In photo left to right: Alex Kho, Stephanie Schroth, Molly McCafferty, Joselyn Rabbitt, and Maggie Backus. For more information please visit: http://www.ideastream.org/newsdepth/entry/53171.
OFMS DRAMA STUDENTS TO PUT ON SPRING ONE ACT PLAYS THIS THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY!
The OFMS Drama Club is presenting its spring one act plays April 25-27 at 7 pm at OFMS. The plays include “The Plot to Assassinate the Chase Manhattan Bank,” “Out the Window,” “Teen Movie Star,” and “Imperfect Proposal.” Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for students.
Please contact Joy Kiedrowski at 427-6332 for more information or tickets.
OPERATION MEDICINE CABINET PARTNERS WITH PTA, OFPD, AND DEA THIS SATURDAY
Saturday, April 27th will mark the 6th nationwide drug take-back day sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Agency at locations across the country participating in Operation Medicine Cabinet. The Olmsted Falls Police Department has again partnered with the DEA and PTA to host this event in our community. Between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm on April 27th please drop off potentially dangerous expired, unused, and unwanted prescription and over-the-counter drugs at the Olmsted Falls Police Department. All items collected will be turned over to the DEA for destruction at a licensed disposal facility. Please pass this information along to your family, neighbors, friends and colleagues. Through this collection event, we keep these medications out of the hands of curious youth and we keep these medications out of our drinking water supply. Check out the DEA’s website by clicking here and spread the word about collection points in our area.
ACADEMIC TEAM CONTINUES TO WOW!
On Saturday, OFHS hosted the North Coast Regional OAC Tournament. The tournament consisted of 16 schools from the North Coast Region that had won their Conference/Tournament/League this year. The top two finishers on the day qualify for the State OAC Tournament at Columbus State Community College in Columbus on May 4, 2013. Olmsted Falls High School finished in the No. 2 spot as regional runner-up, just behind regional winner, Solon High School. This qualifies our Bulldogs for the OAC State Tournament for the 3rd consecutive year!
In other team news, this Sunday, April 28th, Marty, Zach, and Andy will represent Olmsted Falls in the Semi-Finals of the Scholastic Games of Lorain County on WEOL Radio (930 AM). The taping takes place at the Ramada of Elyria (near the Elyria Turnpike Exit at Midway Mall) at 1:00 p.m., with the taping of the finals for the top two teams at approximately 3:30 p.m. There is plenty of room for spectators and anyone who would like to attend is welcome. Olmsted Falls is going for its third straight Scholastic Games Championship and Marty Mendenhall is going for his 8th straight Standout Scholar Award (which would tie the Scholastic Games record!).
Congratulations and good luck!
PARENT VOLUNTEERS HELP STUDENTS APPLY SKILLS AT “PIZZA DAY” EVENT
Second grade students had an opportunity to put their reading and math skills to work with a fun, hands-on project, which has become an annual tradition at Falls-Lenox. Parent volunteers joined in to help with “Pizza Day” – an interactive lesson combining reading and math skills with pizza making. Students did a great job at following the instructions and ended up with a delicious reward in the end.
Thanks to the second grade teachers and parent volunteers!!
For more photos, please click here.
YOUNG INVENTORS SHOWCASE IDEAS AT FALLS-LENOX
Second grade students at Falls-Lenox participated in the school’s annual Invention Fair last week, a three-day event showcasing student inventions. Student creativity and innovation was on display for fellow students, staff and parents.
To view photos from this event, please click here.
Well done second graders!
ECC/FALLS-LENOX STUDENTS RECOGNIZED AS HEALTHY HEROES
The Healthy Hero Program is designed to teach kids in grades pre-K to 3rd healthy habits such as eating healthy, exercising every day, power washing your hands, coughing and sneezing in your sleeve, and sleeping well. Students earn a small prize for doing healthy tasks at home. Each month, participants were entered into a drawing to win a $5 gift card from Toys-R-Us. Congratulations to March’s winner from the ECC student, Santino Pinzone, pictured above left with his Mother and Mrs. McNeeley. The Falls-Lenox winner was Elsa Gutierrez; her certificate is pictured above right. A BIG THANK YOU to the Falls-Lenox/ECC PTA for donating the gift cards used for this important program.
MEET MRS. LOPATA!
Mrs. Mary Lopata has been working for our school district for 12 years in the Personnel Department. She has been involved with the High School Boosters, was the past president of several PTA units, and has volunteered many hours in the district.
Mary enjoys the “customer service” that she offers to our employees, whether it is about their medical benefits, new hire paperwork, or processing the BCI & FBI fingerprinting services.
Mary and her spouse, Rich, have been “Bulldog” parents to two children and have been married for 42 years. They have three granddaughters and they all enjoy spending time boating and fishing at the Lake Erie Islands. Mary also enjoys teaching her granddaughters how to ride and take care of her horse, Cowboy.
BULLDOG SUMMER SPORTS CAMP INFORMATION & REGISTRATION FORMS AVAILABLE ON DISTRICT WEBSITE
A listing of 2013 Bulldog Summer Sports Camps put on by the Olmsted Falls Athletic Department has just been added to the District website. The list includes camp dates, registration deadlines, contact information, and links to individual camp information and registration forms.
Please click HERE for the latest 2013 Bulldog Summer Sports Camp information. **NOTE: Registration Deadline for HS & MS Volleyball Camps is Wednesday, May 1st!
5TH GRADE PARENT MEETING AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL NEXT WEEK
All parents of 5th graders are invited to attend an orientation meeting next Wednesday, May 1, from 7:00-8:30 PM at Olmsted Falls Middle School in the Cafetorium. This program is designed primarily for parents. The agenda for our time together will be as follows:
· 6th Grade Teaching Teams
· Typical 6th Grade Schedule
· Tour of Building
· Question & Answer Session in Cafetorium
· 6th Grade Parent Night: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 (Parents Only)
· 7:00-8:00 PM
· OFMS Cafetorium
POWDERBUFF VOLLEYBALL GAME
Support the high school class officers in their prom fundraising by attending the annual Powderbuff Volleyball Game. Coached by the females in their grades, male freshmen and sophomores will face off at 7pm on May 2 with a 7:30 main event between juniors and seniors. Tickets will be sold at the door: $5 students $6 adults.
THANKS FOR DONATING TO THE RED CROSS
The Olmsted Falls High School held its annual blood drive on April 16, 2013. The American Red Cross stated in a thank you letter that approximately 135 people will be helped with the total of 45 pints raised. There were a total of 64 participants, of which 25 of those were first time donors. Thanks to everyone who participated in this event by either donating blood or donating their time to volunteer. We look forward to next year’s blood drive which will be scheduled for November and April.
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PARENT MEETING – NEXT TUESDAY AT 7:30 PM
Head Coach Tom DeLuca and his staff will discuss the off season goals and training, the summer expectations, and the start of the fall season. If you cannot attend, please email Coach DeLuca to receive the necessary information at Tom_deluca25@yahoo.com. Thank you.
SPRING SPORTSWEAR SALE – SATURDAY, MAY 4TH
The Olmsted Falls Athletic Booster Club will hold its 1st Annual Spring Sportswear sale. Mark your calendar for Saturday, May 4th from 9 am – 12 noon. The sale takes place at the sportswear booth by the concession stand at the football field. Lots of spring and summer apparel to choose from including shorts, tank tops, muscle t’s, visors and more. It is free to get in. We look forward to seeing you there!
OLMSTED FALLS POST PROM COMMITTEE FUNDRAISER THIS FRIDAY
Dodge Ball Tournament: Friday, April 26th 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Olmsted Falls High School Gymnasium. Tournament is open to anyone who would like to participate. Teams will be made up of five members and there’s a $25 entry fee per team. Various prizes will be awarded. There will also be half time activities for prizes. Tickets to the event are $3.00 and will be on sale at the door.
For more information or interested in signing up a team please contact Wendy Yako at 440-227-1796. All proceeds will benefit 2013 Post Prom.
DINE TO DONATE! OPPORTUNITIES TO SUPPORT MASQUERS AND FORENSICS
The Masquers and Forensics groups have two remaining “Dining to Donate” fundraising events coming up in the next month:
Ruby Tuesday’s – This Friday, April 26, 2013 – from 11am to 9pm. Click here to see flyer.
Chick-Fil-A – Next Wednesday, May 1, 2013 – from 5pm to 7pm. Chick-Fil-A, 4779 Great Northern Blvd. (No Drive-Thru, please)
We hope to see you at one of our fundraisers to support our groups. Thank you for your support!
POST-PROM WING NIGHT AT UPPER DECK
Don’t miss the final wing night fundraiser for this year’s Post Prom – Saturday, May 4th from 6-8 p.m. at Upper Deck in Berea. The address is 375 W. Bagley Rd. The tickets are $20 each and that includes all you can eat wings, pasta, pizza and beverages.
There will be a 50/50 raffle, sideboards and basket raffles as well. Please contact Meg Fox at (440) 669-7212 for tickets.
DISTRICT SEEKS PROPOSALS FOR PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICES – RFP DEADLINE: April 29, 2013
The Olmsted Falls City School District is seeking proposals for three different types of photographic services for the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 school years. Any and all photographic firms are invited to submit proposals. Please click HERE to view/download the RFP’s for photography services. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Holly Schafer, High School Principal, Mr. Rob Coxon, Athletic Director, or Mr. Mark Hullman, Treasurer, at 440.427.6000, if you have questions.
SAFETY TOWN 2013 SPONSORED BY THE OLMSTED EARLY CHILDHOOD PTA
Do you have a child starting Kindergarten in the fall? If so, Safety Town is a child accident prevention program for incoming kindergarteners. It is a program that introduces safety awareness and preventative procedures to the children. Children practice real life situations before being confronted with situations on their own. Safety Town is the foundation of safety education.
Safety Town in Olmsted Falls and Olmsted Township is organized through the Olmsted Early Childhood PTA, a non-profit organization consisting of volunteers who seek to unite home, school and the Olmsted community in promoting education, health and safety of children, youth and families. Children who attend will practice safety “out on the town” in a miniaturized city layout designed to teach children safety near roads, railroad crossings, while on their bikes or walking in their neighborhood. Videos, songs and lessons with visits from local Police, Fire and Bus Departments as well as field trips to Police and Fire Departments, all help your child enjoy and understand what he or she is learning. Please click here to find out more and to register.
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR SAFETY TOWN
The Olmsted Early Childhood PTA needs current 7th– 12th grade student Volunteers to help with Safety Town. Safety Town is located behind Falls-Lenox school and takes place in June. Safety Town is to teach children entering Kindergarten about neighborhood and vehicle safety. If you are interested – we need your help! This is a great way to build your resume for those college applications and gain service hours. For further details, forms can be picked up in the high school or middle school main offices and need to be returned by May 10, 2013. Forms can also be downloaded by clicking here. Completed forms can be submitted to Cara at firstname.lastname@example.org
6TH ANNUAL MIDDLE SCHOOL PTA CALENDAR RAFFLE – GET YOURS TODAY!
Help support the Middle School PTA by purchasing an entry in our 6th Annual Calendar Raffle. For $5.00 you are entered for a chance to win 31 days of great prizes. We will pull a different winner every day and a list of winners will be posted on this blog. You may enter as many times as you like.
Entry forms and cash or a check (made out to MS PTA) can be turned in at any of the school main offices. Take a chance. We have Monsters tickets, a birthday bowling party at Fairview Lanes along with many other great prizes. The calendars came home with the K-8th grade students last week. You can also download a copy of the calendar by clicking here.
Entry form must be returned with money to your school office by April 30th in an envelope marked OFMS PTA Calendar Raffle to be eligible. Checks should be made payable to OFMS PTA. Thanks for your support!
OFMS MEDIA CENTER THANKS YOU!
The Olmsted Falls Middle School Media Center would like to thank our students, parents and staff for their continued support with our book fairs. Our spring fair was very successful and the profit from hosting these fairs allows us to continue purchasing new and exciting titles for our Media Center. Also, a huge thank you to the following PTA volunteers who gave their time to help make our fair such a success: Rich Bowman, Katie Fidler, Jessica Grimm, Laraine McCafferty, Cindy Purdy, Rinda Vas.
9TH GRADE ADVANTAGE EVENT GIVES STUDENTS AN EARLY LOOK AT POLARIS
Freshmen interested in attending Polaris as juniors are invited to the 9th Grade Advantage event along with their parents on Thursday, May 2, 2013, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. During this interactive evening, students and parents are encouraged to explore our career-technical programs through hands-on demonstrations, gain insight into their career interests and talents using 9th grade career interest survey results, take advantage of exciting door prizes and much more! For up-to-date information, visit www.polaris.edu or contact our Enrollment Office at (440) 891-7732.
Post Prom is approaching quickly and the committee has been very busy with details of the event. We know the evening will be memorable for all those who attend. Please get the donations into us quickly through the school office, so we can make the last arrangements for May 18th. Gift cards or monetary gifts are appreciated, just please note student name on outside of envelope. For questions: Gayle Boesken 235-5151
PTA COUNCIL LOOKING FOR THE PTA VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
The PTA Council is looking for nominations of a PTA member who works on behalf of children. This special person is involved and supports the PTA and has made a positive impact on the lives of children. Anyone interested in nominating a PTA member for Volunteer of the Year should complete the nomination form and turn it in to his/her PTA unit at the April meeting of his/her unit. Each unit will then submit one nomination to the PTA Council.
Please click here to download the Olmsted Falls PTA Council Volunteer of the Year Nomination Form.
SEEKING ENTRIES FOR OFHS ART SHOW IN MAY
The Annual OFHS May Show is Friday May 10, 2013. Again, we are looking for work for the show from Olmsted Falls Alumni, OFCS Faculty and Staff, and Olmsted Falls Community Members. Please complete the entry form and return it to Mariel Krakowiak, at Olmsted Falls High School, by Friday May 3. Contact Mariel Krakowiak with any questions: email@example.com. To download the entry form, please click here.
HELPING HANDS TO HOST 1ST ANNUAL 5K & 1/4 MILE WALK – REGISTER BY MAY 10TH
Helping Hands will be hosting their first 5K & 1/4 Mile Walk to promote “Disability Awareness” within the community. We are supporting all “special needs/disabilities” with this event…you can decide what you will run/walk for! There will also be a raffle after the 5K. Proceeds will go towards a scholarship to a graduating Helping Hands senior, a donation to the Helping Hands Relay for Life Team, and some money will be used to fund future Helping Hands events.
People of all ability levels are encouraged to participate. The 1/4 Mile Walk on the track is available for those participants that may not be able to complete and entire 5K (assistive equipment is permitted). The attached registration form has all the specific details for the event. Pre-registration is due back to me by Friday May 10.
Please click HERE to download and print the registration form, and share it with your students, family, and friends.
BLOG DEADLINE REMINDER
Items for the District’s Weekly Blog Update must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. each Friday for the following week’s post. The Weekly Blog Update will be published every Wednesday that school is in session. Items should be no more than 125 words and should be sent in paragraph form. To view the new Content Submission Guidelines information sheet, please click here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are submitting information about a school or school-connected organization’s fundraising event, you will need to make sure that you have completed and submitted the District’s official Fundraising Form. Once your event has been approved, we will be happy to post/promote the information on the Weekly Blog Update. To download a copy of the Fundraising Form, please click here.
UPCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS:
A NIGHT OF MAGIC, ILLUSIONS, AND HYPNOSIS AT THE OLMSTED COMMUNITY CENTER, THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 26 – FAMILY & KIDS SHOW 6-7 pm, Advanced Tickets: $8 Door: $10, Friday, April 26th – TRICK-A-NOSIS SHOW 8:30-10:30 p.m., Advanced Tickets: $10 Door: $12, Before & After Shows: Interactive Photobooth By InFocus, Games, Face Painting, Concessions & More…Order tickets ONLINE at WWW.OLMSTEDCC.COM Please click here to view the flyer.
- OLMSTED COMMUNITY SUMMER LEAGUE, 2013 OPEN REGISTRATION – Summer Community Baseball & Softball for all ages, Kindergarten – Adult. NEW! OCSL is partnering with Olmsted Community Center to provide information and online registrations at www.olmstedcc.com. Register in person at OCC or mail your registration form and payment to: OCSL ℅ OCC, 8170 Mapleway Drive, Olmsted Falls, OH 44138. There is ONE MORE WEEK left to register. Registration period ends Tuesday, April 30. Any registrations subsequent to April 22 will be assessed a $20/player late fee & only accepted as needed. Please consider sharing your time and talents with OCSL. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED – Coaches, League Reps & more. UMPIRES NEEDED – Great summer job (ages 11+). SPONSORS NEEDED – Inexpensive local advertising.
- WORLDS OF FANTASY, MAY 3-11 WITH SHOWS ON FRIDAYS AT 7:00 P.M. SATURDAYS AT 2:00 – 7:00 P.M., AND SUNDAY AT 2:00 P.M. – Join Olmsted Performing Arts and take a magical journey to Fantasyland for Rapunzel’s coronation. You will enjoy singing and dancing by Cinderella, Jasmine, Tinkerbell, Belle, Ariel, and more, and then meet the princesses with photo and autograph opportunities. Tickets $12-18. Worlds of Fantasy Boutique open before each show. Makeover and a snack. $25 first child; $20 each additional. Details and reservation at www.olmstedperformingarts.com.
- OLMSTED FALLS GARDEN CLUB PERENNIAL PLANT SALE – SUNDAY, MAY 5TH – 11 AM TO 2 PM @ JENKINS COMMUNITY CENTER – Perennials, ground covers, flowering shrubs, Hostas, herbs, grasses, wildflowers. A portion of the funds raise will go toward supporting educational programming at Olmsted Falls Intermediate School. Click HERE to download flyer.
- DARA HOSTA OLMSTED SPIRIT 5K RACE/WALK, SUNDAY MAY 5 – Run, walk, or just be part of the fun! All registered participants receive a free raffle ticket for a chance to win a prize. Please click here for more info, the list of prizes, and the registration form. All proceeds go directly for college scholarships for Olmsted Falls students.
- ANNUAL FLOWER SALE, SATURDAY, MAY 11, 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M., SUNDAY, MAY 12, 8:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M., SATURDAY, MAY 18, 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M. – It’s that time of year again. Boy Scout Troop 201 will hold its annual flower sale on Saturday, May 11th, 9 am-5pm, Sunday, May 12th, 8am-2pm, and Saturday, May 18th, 8am-3pm, at the Jenkins Center at the corner of Columbia Road and Main Street, right next to the old Olmsted Falls library. The Scouts will have hanging baskets and flats of annual flowers available at good prices. Stop by and shop locally! You will support not only Scouting, but also a local business, Schuster’s Greenhouse, which supplies the flowers. Contact Mike or Sharon Knaggs, 440-463-8106, with questions.
- OLMSTED FALLS BULLDOG YOUTH FOOTBALL LEAGUE – REGISTRATION FOR THIS NEW TACKLE FOOTBALL LEAGUE FOR 5TH & 6TH GRADERS BEING ACCEPTED THROUGH MONDAY, MAY 13TH. For an overview of the program, list of frequently asked questions and registration form, please click HERE.
- DOCUMENT SHREDDING, SATURDAY, MAY 18, 9:00 A.M. – NOON, FALLS-LENOX ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, 26450 BAGLEY ROAD – Olmsted Falls and Olmsted Township will again be joining forces with New Hope Specialized Services to provide no-cost to residents document shredding. Please click here for more information.
- PANCAKE BREAKFAST, SUNDAY, MAY 19, 8:00 A.M. – NOON, OLMSTED PERFORMING ARTS CENTER, 6941 COLUMBIA ROAD, OLMSTED FALLS – Olmsted Performing Arts and the Kiwanis Club of Olmsted Falls are putting on a Pancake Breakfast. The proceeds will benefit the Kiwanis Club and the Olmsted Performing Arts Gymnastics program. Advance tickets are $6, and advance Senior tickets are $5. Add $1 at the door. Children under age 3 are free. To purchase advance tickets, please see a member of the Kiwanis Club, stop by the Olmsted Performing Arts Center, or call 440-235-6722.
- BARK FOR LIFE EVENT, MAY 25th, 9:00 A.M., IN FRONT OF OLMSTED FALLS MIDDLE SCHOOL – Olmsted Falls Relay for Life is hosting a Bark for Life event on Saturday, May 25, 2013. The 1 mile walk takes place in front of the Middle School with registration starting at 9:00 AM; the event lasting from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM. There is a $10 registration fee per dog; $5 for a 2nd dog. Dogs will receive a Bark for Life bandana. The event also includes many booths, games, and activities! Attention Middle School Students: Also attending this event will be the stars of eighth grader Julia Montgomery’s running Paw Print Newspaper column known as “The Chronicles of Murphy.” Come and meet the dogs, Murphy and Bernie! Please contact Miss Kristen Rupp at (440) 427-6258, firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to register.
- 40th ANNUAL PHIL BOVA BASEBALL CAMP 2013, JUNE 17 – 21, 8:15 A.M. – 4:00 P.M., WESTLAKE RECREATION OUTDOOR BASEBALL FIELD, 28955 HILLIARD BLVD. – Experience Your Own Spring Training! High School, College and Professional Instructors with over 200 Years of Experience · Camp Ratio 1 to 8. Every phase of the game will be unveiled: Our staff will prepare your son for the next level! Daily Games · Individual Drills $235 per camper includes: Hot Lunch Daily · Camp T-Shirt & Hat · Written Evaluation · Individual Color Photo · Awards Ceremony. TEAM DISCOUNTS!!!! Sign up 10 or more kids and receive $35 off per camper! For Registration, Medical Forms and Discounts, visit our Website at: www.bovacamps.com or call 440-779-1390 Named #1 Baseball Camp of it’s kind in NE Ohio!
- OLMSTED FALLS 2013 LACROSSE SEASON IS HERE! – The Olmsted Falls Lacrosse Association would like to invite the community to check out a home game between now and the end of the season in early June. There are both boys and girls teams – the games are non-stop action and a lot of fun to watch! Home games are played in the field behind OFIS or the field behind OFMS parking lot. The newest teams are the High School JV Girls and Boys, who are doing a great job representing Olmsted Falls against teams from Rocky River, Westlake, Avon Lake, Beachwood, Strongsville, Medina, Brunswick, St. Ignatius, Hudson, and Bay! Check out game schedules by clicking here. If you’d like to see photos of the games, click here to access OF LAX’s facebook page.